Tuesday, March 25, 2008

nonstop radio


Last weekend I hosted 2, count'em, TWO radio shows on WRIR. One was "Crash Culture", which I co-hosted with Dustin. The other was "The All-Nighter," which immediately followed the other show. So I was rockin the airwaves from 1-6am. YOWZA! I was so tired afterward that I could hardly see straight.

The playlists are posted at WRIR.org, but since they're probably hard to find after a week and some days, I'll go ahead and post them here!

Playlist for Crash Culture (ARTIST/TITLE):
  • -Dead Milkmen / Viva Las Vegas
  • -X / Soul Kitchen
  • -Pee Wee Herman / Fighting with Francis
  • -Buzzcocks / Why Can't I Touch It?
  • -Dead Milkmen /Bitchin Camaro
  • -Black Flag / TV Party
  • -Happy Flowers / My Frisbee Went Under a Lawnmower
  • -Bad Brains / Banned in DC
  • -Scratch Acid / She Said
  • -Dead Kennedys / When Ya Get Drafted
  • -Jonathan Richman & the Modern Lovers / Dodge Veg-o-matic
  • -the Sonics / Strychnine
  • -Gogol Bordello / I Would Never Wanna Be Young Again
  • -the Wipers / D-7
  • -Shellac / Wingwalker
  • -Minor Threat / I Don't Wanna Hear It
  • -Fugazi / Public Witness Program
  • -Pussy Galore / Dick Johnson
  • -Free Kitten / Oh Bondage, Up Yours! (cover of the X-Ray Spex)
  • -Be Your Own Pet / Bunk Skunk Trunk
  • -Be Your Own Pet / Bicycle Bicycle, You Are My Bicycle
  • -L7 / Mr. Integrity
  • -Amoeba Men / Gusto
  • -the Cows / Contamination
  • -the Boredoms / I Am Cola
  • -Minutemen / Colors
  • -Unsane / Release
  • -Motorhead / Ace of Spades
  • -RPG / Crash Bam Boom
  • -Gwar / Gor Gor
  • -Megadeath / Hanger 18
  • -VCR / Bratcore
  • -Descendents / I Don't Want To Grow Up
  • -Breadwinner / Turtlehead
  • -Dead Kennedys / Chemical Warfare

Playlist for The All-Nighter (ARTIST/TITLE):
  • -Ministry / Jesus Built My Hotrod
  • -Half-Japanese / Fun Again
  • -Modern Lovers / I Wanna Sleep in Your Arms
  • -the Evens / Sara Lee
  • -The Doves / There Goes the Fear
  • -Gotan Project / Queremos Paz
  • -Isaac Hayes / Run Fay Run
  • -Beck / Black Tambourine
  • -Cornelius / Drop
  • -Neil Finn / Driving Me Mad
  • -Tom Waits / Hang on St. Christopher
  • -Dreamtime / Tribal Techno
  • -Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan & Party / Shamas Ud Doha Bader Ud Doja
  • -Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks / Baltimore
  • -Tullycraft / Rumble with the Gang Debs
  • -Hot Lava / Let's Go Rob A Bank
  • -Pretty Girls Make Graves / C-30, C60, C90, GO!
  • -Travis Morrison Hellfighters / I'm Not Supposed to Like You But I Do
  • -the Gap Band / You Dropped a Bomb on Me
  • -the Gossip / Fire/Sign
  • -Datarock / Fa-Fa-Fa
  • -Manu Chao / 13 Dias
  • -Spinnanes / Jad Fair Drives Women Wild
  • -Jawbox / Dreamless
  • -Quasi / Peace and Love
  • -Luna / Lovedust
  • -Bright Eyes / Another Travelin' Song
  • -Galaxie 500 / Instrumental
  • -Dengue Fever / Tiger Phone Card
  • -Al Hirt / Green Lantern
  • -Panjabi MC / Mundian to Bach Ke
  • -Cheb i Sabbah / Koi Bole Ram Ram
  • -Esma Redzepova / Hey! My Destiny
  • -Alpendub vs. -the Man Cable- / Jaga Ode[Dubtronic]
  • -Mac Umba / Glenmalambo
  • -Miriam Makeba / Pata Pata 2000
  • -Youssou N'Dour / Baay Faal
  • -the Lost Bayou Ramblers / Bayou Perdue
  • -Ensemble Dastan & Salar Aghili / Lament of the Heart
stay tuned for my March 29 playlist, when I will be co-hosting River City Limits with Phil!

No comments: